The end of Year 9 is an important stage in education. For the first time, students have a degree of choice in what they study. Making choices can be a challenge, and students need to be aware of the content of subjects at GCSE level and their own strengths in order to make the right decisions.
Our curriculum is designed to ensure that all students can achieve and make progress to the next stage of their education or training. It meets the latest current national requirements, so students leave Year 11 with a robust set of qualifications appropriate to their abilities.
To see how subjects link to careers and the world of work, please explore the career guidance charts ebook and the subject career guide booklets on our careers' hub:
It is not unusual for options to become oversubscribed. Students are, therefore, asked to make carefully considered reserve choices, as they may have to follow their reserve options.
Please see the video below where Mr Kirke explains the Options Process for 2023-24
- Further information about the Options subjects can be found on our Parent Portal
- The Year 9 Options Booklet for 2024/2026 is available as a download on this page.
- The Year 9 Options Form is now online and can be completed HERE.
- Any queries should be directed to
- Mr Kirke (Assistant Head),
- Mrs Glue (Head of Year 9) or
- Mrs Castle (Careers) in the first instance.