“I liked the debating…the idea that there isn’t always a right and wrong. I liked learning through images and metaphors”
“I enjoyed the PowerPoint quizzes which were interactive. They helped me to remember biblical quotes”
“Regular unit tests have been good for practice and feedback, and have helped me understand how to improve”
“I enjoyed matching up exercises as they helped me to improve my knowledge. I enjoyed using the Playdough and Lego for quotes as it was a different way to learn"
The RE Department is proud of its achievements. Students take part in a variety of activities to develop their reasoning skills and the ability to show empathy with many religious and non-religious viewpoints. Students are encouraged to reflect on religious, non-religious, philosophical, moral and spiritual questions. Students will have the opportunity to explore a number of different worldviews to experience and understand the complexity of the world they live in today. This is reinforced at A-level, through the analysis of complex philosophical arguments exploring God’s nature and the application of ethical issues to moral, spiritual and social issues.
Key Stage 3
Students follow the Diocese of Peterborough Syllabus for Religious Education, covering a range of world views and dealing with moral, spiritual and philosophical questions to develop evaluative skills. Content is delivered through a variety of disciplines such as: Philosophy, Theology and Social Sciences.
Key Stage 4
- Year 9, 10 and 11 follow the new AQA Religious Studies A (8062) full course GCSE
- GCSE full course: 100% Examination - 2 papers each 1 hour and 45 minutes long
- Component 1 - The study of beliefs, teachings and practices of 2 religions; Christianity & Buddhism
- Component 2 - Thematic studies; Religion and Life, The Existence of God and Revelation, Religion, Peace and Conflict and Religion, Crime and Punishment.
- KS3: trips to places of religious interest, 'Meet the Faiths' - An opportunity to meet representatives from a variety of faith perspectives
- KS4: trips abroad to places of pilgrimage and worship
The RE Department:
- Charlotte Moloney – Head of Department
- Laura Sansam - RE Teacher
- Lee Smart - RE Teacher & SMSC Co-ordinator
- Victoria Taylor-Smith - RE Teacher
- Garry Steel - RE Teacher