Within the Art department we pride ourselves on the quality of teaching and learning provision that we provide to achieve consistently high standards across all the Key Stages. Students are encouraged to be independent in their learning and have the opportunity to work across a range of disciplines.
Key Stage 3
Skills based learning to allow students to build a foundation from which to develop and explore a variety of materials and Art techniques. Critical research is an integral part of the course to enable students to strengthen their knowledge about Artists.
Key Stage 4
GCSE Fine Art (AQA)
Students explore and develop ideas within a theme towards a final outcome. Independent learning is an essential element to the course and students are required to meet all 4 of the assessment objectives in order to successfully complete the course.
- Coursework (60%)
- Exam (40%) 8-10 week preparatory period concluding in a 2 day controlled assessment.
- Key Stage 3: Years 7-9 Art Club
- Key Stage 4/5: Open Access to Art rooms for coursework (Lunch)
- Year 10 National Art Gallery Visit
- Year 11 National Art Gallery Visit/Workshop Day
The Faculty team:
- Julie Baker – Head of Department (KS3-5)
- Stephanie Johnson – Teacher of Art (KS3-5)