PE is a very important subject at Bishop Stopford and coming to the lesson prepared is a huge part of achieving one's full potential. We therefore employ a simple but rigorous discipline system with regards to PE kit, which is as follows;
If your son/daughter is unable to take part for any reason, they must bring a note with them signed by parent/guardian. This includes if they are injured, ill or do not have the correct equipment. A note in the planner will suffice.
- If a student arrives without all the correct kit for the lesson, they will be given a kit mark in the register and a verbal warning.
- A second kit mark in a term will result in a 15 minute detention.
- A third kit mark in a term will result 30 minute detention on the PE balcony.
- All students get a fresh start each half-term, so kit marks are not carried over.
- All students are made aware of this system at the beginning of the year and reminded throughout. We do not recommend that PE Kit is left unattended in classrooms due to the amount of people in and out of them during the day.