PE is a very important subject at Bishop Stopford and coming to the lesson prepared is a huge part of achieving one's full potential. We therefore employ a simple but rigorous discipline system with regards to PE kit, which is as follows;
If your son/daughter is unable to take part for any reason, they must bring a note with them signed by parent/guardian. This includes if they are injured, ill or do not have the correct equipment. A note in the planner will suffice.
- If a student arrives without all the correct kit for the lesson, they will be given a kit mark in the register and given a 15 minute detention.
- A second kit mark in a term will result in a 30 minute detention.
- A third kit mark in a term will result in a Yellow Card and an after school detention.
- Further kit marks will result in after school detention and potentially escalated further, depending on the circumstances.
- All students get a fresh start each half-term, so kit marks are not carried over.
- All students are made aware of this system at the beginning of the year and reminded throughout. We do not recommend that PE Kit is left unattended in classrooms due to the amount of traffic that takes place.
The PE Kit is as follows:
- Navy/Sky Polo Shirt* - COMPULSORY
- Navy/Sky Rugby Shirt (Boys)* - COMPULSORY
- Navy/Sky Games Shorts* - COMPULSORY
- Navy/Sky Skort* (Girls)
- Grey Hoody with PE Logo or New Navy Hoody with PE Logo*
- Plain Navy Blue Tracksuit Bottoms with PE logo*
- Navy/Sky Knee Length Football / Hockey / Rugby Socks* - COMPULSORY
- White Sports Socks
- 3/4 zipped Navy Showerproof Jacket with PE Logo*
- Crew Neck Navy Showerproof Jacket with PE Logo*
- Base layer top* (can provide own black/white version)
- Football Boots / Rugby Boots (Boys) – safety studs required for games (extra-curricular fixtures)
- Shin Pads and a Gum Shield are strongly advised for Rugby, Hockey & Football.
- It is expected that students do NOT participate during PE in their school socks!