Welcome to Bishop Stopford School
Bishop Stopford School is a forward thinking and high achieving learning community, with strong roots and long-standing traditions. We seek to provide an outstanding education and encourage all - no matter what their starting points - to achieve as highly as they can. In August 2011, we converted to Academy status and we are excited to capitalise on the freedoms which this status brings.
The Christian ethos of the school underpins all of our work:
- We are interested in the development of the whole young person, and encourage all of our students to make valuable and productive contributions both to Bishop Stopford, and to the wider community.
- We offer strong support and guidance, but expect students to exercise independence and initiative within this supportive environment.
As a National Support School under the National Leaders In Education scheme, and as a strategic partner on one of the first Teaching School Alliances in the country, we are committed to ensuring the highest standards in all that we do. Action research, undertaken by teachers and students, ensures that our primary focus - consistently outstanding learning and teaching - is never lost. We are not complacent and welcome feedback from parents, students, staff and community in order to help us to improve.
We look forward to making school happy and fulfilling for all who join us. A Year 7 student sums up our vision:
"Bishop Stopford has welcomed me into its community and has improved my skills dramatically. Going to Bishop has changed my way of looking at things. I am privileged to go to this school".
- Achieving your best in Exams.Posted: 15/05/13
Mrs Giddings gives advice in preparing for exams.
- Former student reaches the final of European Choral Competition ‘Let the Peoples Sing’.Posted: 13/05/13
First time in a decade for a British Choir.
- BSS is designated as a Computing at School (CAS) – Lead SchoolPosted: 13/05/13
A beacon in the community.
- Bishop Stopford Student goes to Pembroke College CambridgePosted: 13/05/13
Michael Orgill from Year 10 joins Science Masterclass
- Keynotes Issue 3Posted: 10/05/13
Issue 3 of Keynotes is out now!